King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals
Year established :
- City : Dhahran
- Province Population : 3,360,031
- P.O. Box : 5015
- Postal Code : 31261
- Phone : +966-3-860-0000
- Fax : +966-3-8603306
- Campuses : Dhahran, Dammam, Hafr Al Batin and Hail
Admission Office : http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/admissions
Enrollment & Calendar
- Total Enrollment : 8,693
- Total Staff : 1,702
- Academic Calendar : By Semesters
“To be a vibrant multicultural University of international repute focused on quality education and innovative research that prepares professionals and entrepreneurs to lead social, economic and technical development in the region
KFUPM is an institution of higher learning committed to:
- Preparing professionals empowered with the knowledge, skills, values and confidence to take a leadership role in the development of the Kingdom in the fields of science, engineering, environmental design and business.
- Producing research that contributes to the knowledge and sustainable development of the Kingdom and region by providing innovative solutions to identified economic and technical problems and opportunities.
- Providing a stimulating campus environment for the welfare of its students, faculty and staff, and offering outstanding professional services and out-reach programs to the society at large
The following ten core values, guided by the Islamic principles, form the foundation upon which KFUPM builds its reputation and success:
Creativity, Excellence , Integrity , Fairness , Diversity , Responsiveness , Teamwork , Leadership , Discipline and Transparency
King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) was officially established by Royal Decree on 5 Jumada I, 1383 H. (23 September 1963). The first students were admitted a year later, on 23 September 1964, when 67 young men enrolled in what was then the College of Petroleum and Minerals (CPM). Since that time, the university enrollment has grown to more than 10000 students.
Several significant events have marked the university's growth. In 1971, at the first graduation ceremony, four men received their baccalaureate degrees in engineering. In 1975, the College of Petroleum and Minerals became the University of Petroleum and Minerals, a change both in name and academic status. In 1986, the University was renamed: The King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals.
The successful management of Saudi Arabia's vast petroleum and mineral resources poses a complex and exciting challenge for scientific, technical, and management education in the Kingdom.
To meet this challenge, the university has adopted advanced training in the fields of science, engineering, and management as one of its goals in order to promote leadership and service in the Kingdom's petroleum and mineral industries. The university also furthers knowledge through research in these fields.
KFUPM Web Portal